Sunday, November 21, 2010

Angelic Pretty SF Opening!

I posted this on the lolita LJ community, but I thought I might as well post it here too. :)

Unfortunately my camera was broken, so I had to resort to cell phone photos, so the quality isn't fantastic.  But I just thought I'd share a few, in case anyone is interested.

Photobucket

I had intended to arrive at around 8 am, but I stayed up too late on Friday so I ended up waking up at 9 am and rushing over, to encounter this line!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


It wasn't nearly as bad as the BTSSB opening, however, I think mainly because there wasn't as much notice so many people were unable to get the day off or travel from afar.  Still, like most other people, I didn't actually get into the store into almost 2 pm!

Here's some lovely girls who were standing behind me in line.  Sorry I didn't get your names!
PhotobucketPhotobucket


My waiting-in-line-buddy Chelsea!  She got one of the last tickets to the Tea Party!
Also, we were standing under an overhang because some lovely person was chucking fruit and water-filled plastic gloves at us from one of the apartments.  The police actually came by and they stopped for a while, but then the began again a bit later. Luckily they must have gotten bored because they stopped, and no one got hit (although I got some orange gore on my shoe)
Photobucket

All of us bonded through our fluffiness.
Photobucket

The first girl to come out of the store.  Everyone crowded around her to see what she got and see what was in the lucky pack, and there was much fangirl squeeling/ooing-and-awing.  Unfortunately, it turned out there were only 5 big lucky packs and only a few accessory packs too, and they all sold out within the first 10 people.
Photobucket

Nearing the front!  Note the cowboy-guard-guy at the door.  I think he's married to/dating the women who was organzing the event?  He was talking about how he was surprise about how many lolitas are into guns/shooting.  Looolllll.
Photobucket

The display window!
Photobucket

What I ended up getting (I figure stock photos will be better quality than any I take!  Especially because the lighting in my house is pretty bad right now).  The total was $65 with SF's 10% tax, so the mark-up actually was very reasonable given the current poor exchange rate.  On some of the items it was really high, though.  I saw a cardigan that was about 10,000 yen but was being sold for $170!
Photobucket
Photobucket


That's all folks.  Sorry again for the poor quality, but I hope the pics were at least a bit entertaining!

Note: Also, if I took your photo and you don't want it posted here, please just ask and I will take it out/edit it immediately!

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAAH. I am so sad that I did not get to partake in the pink and fluffy and flouncy goodness that is Angelic Pretty with you! I fail hardcore. xP

    Look, Ari. I'm stalking youuuuu! =D

    ReplyDelete