Saturday, December 11, 2010

Boring To-Do List for 東京!

As you probably saw on my Facebook, I got accepted to Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan!  Which means that, after my last final on Wednesday, I will not be in school until next April.  Oh, my god.  What am I going to with myself?  4 MONTHS.  I intend to leave for Japan on March 1st, so I will have plenty of time to explore and enjoy myself before school starts. I don't want to feel so rushed I don't get to enjoy myself while I'm there.  I have to keep my grade-point high (because it sucked before, but is just now getting better), so when school starts, I'll have to make school my priority.  But before that, I will surrender myself completely to my whims!

Before I Go to Japan:
1. Turn in forms to study abroad office
2. Figure out health insurance
3. Figure out medication situation (am I aloud to bring 6 months worth?)
4. Get glasses + backup contacts
5. Get all the supplements that I'll need to prevent anemia/slow horrible vegan death.
6. Get student visa.
7. Try to relearn all the Japanese I've learned in the last 3 years + some.

To Do In Japan:
1. Visit Grimoire (dolly kei store in Shibuya)
2. Go to all the Closet Child's/Grand Bazaar Lolitas/Brand X's/etc to buy lolita.
3. Go to La Foret
4. Eat at a bunch of vegan restaurants
5. Go to Fuji-Q Highland
6. Climb Mt. Fuji
7. Visit the deer at Nara
8. Get in a KERA magazine street snap (I can dream, right?  Right?)
9. Dress like an insane person every day.
10. Shibuya Scramble!
11. Go to several theme cafes
12. Go to that bar from Lost In Translation, just for kicks
13. Nomihodai/izakaya
14. Get a job (preferably tutoring English!)
15. Join the teaching English in schools club and hiking club
16. Hike in Kamakura
17. Go to Joypolis!
18. Go to Yokohama, go on ferris wheel
19. Try to locate old host family
20. Learn a lot of Japanese.
21. Become a decent Japanese-food cook
22. Go to punk shows in Japan & make friends
23. Go on the waterfall ride at LaQua
24. Go to department store grocery shops to look at crazy expensive food
25. Figure out Shinjuku station (My old rival.... how many hours I spent lost there, I don't even want to think about...)
26. Shop at MaruiOne
27. Run a shopping service
28. Go to Ice Cream City
29. Hanami!
30. Everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment